We don't only Practice Yoga by moving through postures on our mat, we also practice it out in the world. So every month Practicing Yoga chooses a different organization to help.
- Bring Me A Book St. Louis is committed to eliminating the literacy gap through selecting and procuring high-quality hardback children’s literature for under-resourced children to read aloud at
home and school.
- We work with partner schools and early-childhood organizations to reach children in pre-kindergarten through first grade in need of new hardback books.
- We take pride in giving students access to renowned classic children’s literature and newer titles that are carefully selected for esteemed literary merit by well-known book reviewers such as
Kirkus, Library Journal and Novelist.
- Many of the children’s books we choose have received the Newberry, Caldecott, Geisel and Corretta Scott King book awards.
- When parents, caregivers and teachers understand the lasting benefits and value of reading to children and have quality literature in home and at school, children are better prepared to succeed
in school and in life.
- Reading aloud to children leads to school readiness and future success in school and beyond.
- Our goal is to foster a love of reading by allowing students from under-resourced schools the opportunity to revisit their favorite books over and over again, day after day.
- Our programming supports our read aloud mission for students and families that are the most in need of great books.
- We bring the power of books and the joy of reading aloud into the lives of young children.
- We encourage families to make the investment of time and energy to read aloud to their children every day.
For more information go to http://bringmeabookstl.org/